A new Long-Term Care Partnership Program in Louisiana offers a way for Louisiana citizens to protect their assets if they ever need to apply for Medicaid services. The initiative encourages citizens to partner with the state-based program as they purchase qualified private long term care insurance policies. Partnership-Qualified policies are available from licensed insurance professionals. Policies must meet the state and federal Partnership requirements. Click here to learn more about the Louisiana Long Term Care Partnership Program.
If you are 65 or older, there is a 40% chance you will spend time in a nursing facility. How will you pay for your long term health care?
- Medicare does not pay for extended nursing facility care.
- In order to use Medicaid, you must first deplete your own savings.
- Private supplemental policies, such as Medigap, will only help pay for certain services.
Long term care insurance may be the answer.
- Long term care insurance is the only option that gives you the security, flexibility and freedom in the event that extended health care is needed in your lifetime.
- Long term care insurance can help maintain dignity and financial independence if extended long term care is needed.
- Long term care insurance can provide you with a choice of services and benefits.