LLTCF Requests Your Donation
The Louisiana Long Term Care Foundation (LLTCF) awards nursing scholarships to nursing students of high academic and caregiving caliber to pursue a career in long term care.
Thanks to generous donations, in 2020 we were able to award 13 scholarships to students who displayed a passion for serving Louisiana’s elderly and frail. Your donation will help us continue to encourage nursing students to pursue a career in long-term care by granting academic scholarships.
A donation to the Louisiana Long Term Care Foundation is not a donation to the Louisiana Nursing Home Association.
We appreciate your consideration and assistance and look forward to raising money to give back to the profession. Want to learn more? Read more information on our LLTCF web page. View photos of the scholarships received in 2019, 2018 and 2017.
Click here to download a LLTCF donation form. Please include this fillable form along with your check made payable to “Louisiana Long Term Care Foundation” and mail to LA Long Term Care Foundation, Attention: Karen Miller, 7844 Office Park Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA 70809. If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
LLTCF Awards 13 Nursing Scholarships to Exceptional Nursing Facility Caregivers
The Louisiana Long Term Care Foundation (LLTCF) is pleased to award nursing scholarships to 13 outstanding recipients employed in long-term care facilities across the state. The Foundation was created to provide annual scholarships to outstanding nursing facility staff who are enrolled in nursing school to further their professional development in long-term care.
“The pandemic has imposed even greater demands on nursing facility staff members,” said Karen Miller, Director of the Louisiana Long Term Care Foundation. “During a time of historic uncertainty, it is an honor to encourage these hardworking, selfless health care heroes by providing financial support to help them continue a meaningful, rewarding career in the long-term care profession.”
“Each long-term care professional selected for this nursing scholarship is passionate about providing the highest quality care to Louisiana’s most vulnerable,” said Mark Berger, Executive Director of the Louisiana Nursing Home Association. “Outstanding caregivers like these recipients are the backbone of this profession and deserve to be recognized for their tireless efforts in caring for their residents and making a lasting impact in the lives of many.”
Please join the LLTCF in congratulating the following 2020 Louisiana Long Term Care Foundation scholarship recipients:
- Amber Al-ayyoob, Whispering Pines Community Care Center, Plain Dealing
- Michelle Banks, Our Lady of Wisdom Healthcare Center, New Orleans
- Tiffany Davis, Cypress Point Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, Bossier City
- Takemiya Niselle Edwards, Claiborne Healthcare Center, Shreveport
- Eloise Foreman, St. Joseph’s Continuing Care Center, Monroe
- Amanda Howard Garrett, Forest Haven Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Jonesboro
- Trishawn Louvier-Jarmon, Ochsner Skilled Nursing Facility, New Orleans
- Jaala Jones, Chateau D’Ville Rehab and Retirement, Donaldsonville
- Theresa Peterson, Willis-Knighton Extended Care Center, Shreveport
- Donashia Robinson, Harmony House Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, Shreveport>
- Andrea Tatum, Garden Park Nursing and Rehabilitation, Shreveport
- Aderonke Talabi Whitaker, St. Margaret’s Daughters’ Nursing Home, New Orleans
- Danielle Yenuganti, Ormond Nursing and Care Center, Destrehan
This program is funded through the generosity of the Louisiana Nursing Home Association members and related organizations, supporting the Foundation’s mission of promoting the development of a skilled and quality-centered workforce.
To learn how you can donate to help fund a scholarship for a deserving nursing student, call Karen Miller at 225.927.5642. The Louisiana Long Term Care Foundation is a nonprofit organization and an affiliate of the Louisiana Nursing Home Association. Visit the LLTCF website at www.lnha.org/lltcf to learn more.
Click here to download a PDF of this release.