(Baton Rouge – Dec. 12, 2019) The Louisiana Long Term Care Foundation (LLTCF) is pleased to award nursing scholarships to 15 outstanding recipients employed in long-term care facilities across the state. The Foundation was created to provide annual scholarships to outstanding nursing facility staff who are enrolled in nursing school to further their professional development in long-term care.
“The need for quality nursing staff in Louisiana’s long-term care facilities is more critical than ever due to the ongoing nationwide nursing shortage,” said Karen Miller, Director of the Louisiana Long Term Care Foundation. “These nursing scholarships help encourage and support healthcare workers of high-academic and caregiving caliber to continue their education and pursue a rewarding, lasting nursing career.”
“Each long-term care professional selected for this nursing scholarship is passionate about providing the highest quality care to Louisiana’s most vulnerable,” said Mark Berger, Executive Director of the Louisiana Nursing Home Association. “It is an honor to play a role in providing financial support to empower and advance a new generation of leaders in the long-term care profession.”
Please join the LLTCF in congratulating the following 2019 Louisiana Long Term Care Foundation scholarship recipients:
- Shateela Benjamin, Belle Teche Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, New Iberia
- Kristle Cary, Natchitoches Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Natchitoches
- Hillary Chenevert, Riviere De Soleil Community Care Center, Mansura
- Jennifer Daniels, Plantation Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Winnsboro
- Tracey Gosey, Natchitoches Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Natchitoches
- Tavia Grant, Heritage Nursing Center, Haynesville*
- Tammy King, Southern Oaks Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Shreveport*
- Dermeisha LeBranche, Chateau Living Center, Kenner
- Jonathan Lee, Belle Teche Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, New Iberia
- Sarah Meshell, Garden Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Shreveport*
- Kambri Phillips, Bernice Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Bernice*
- Lisa Scott, Many Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, Many
- Tabitha Unbehagen, Greenbriar Community Care Center, Slidell*
- Melissa Walker, Landmark Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, West Monroe
- Akeya Williams, Affinity Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Baton Rouge*
Click here to download group and individual photos from the event.
*These individuals were unable to attend the December 11, 2019, ceremony and are not shown in the group photo.
This program is funded through the generosity of the Louisiana Nursing Home Association members and related organizations, supporting the Foundation’s mission of promoting the development of a skilled and quality-centered workforce.
To learn how you can donate to help fund a scholarship for a deserving nursing student, call Karen Miller at 225.927.5642. The Louisiana Long Term Care Foundation is a nonprofit organization and an affiliate of the Louisiana Nursing Home Association. Visit our website at www.lnha.org/lltcf to learn more.
Click here to download or view a PDF of this press release.